Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Presentation Reflection

I gave my presentation on using guided worksheets with a BDA included for a short story unit. This worksheet focuses on characterization and is used after the class has been introduced to lit circles. I feel the presentation went well and that I accurately described how useful the worksheet is in a classroom.What I should have told the class during my presentation is that the evidence I gave on the True Story of the 3 Little Pigs would have been written during the class. It would have been modeled for them instead of having it finished when coming to class. 
I used this worksheet as part of my lesson plan during my field experience at Johnson High School. The students responded well to it and were able to apply the worksheet to the analytical paper they wrote at the end of the unit. This worksheet is helpful for them because it focuses on a specific part of the short story and forces them to give evidence for their findings. It is also a good reference when returning to the story when writing a final paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment